Below is a recipe for (Banan Peze). Enjoy!
2 cups olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup of water
1 juiced lime
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Cut off ends of plantains. Peel, and remove skins.
2. Cut plantains into pieces 1½ inch thick diagonal pieces.
3. Heat oil over medium heat in a pan. Stir salt in oil for about 30 seconds.
4. Cook plantains, 3 minutes on each side, or until they are light brown.
5. Remove plantains from heat. Using a Tostonera, or the bottom of a small plate, lightly flatten the plantains.
6. In a small bowl, mix water, salt, and lime juice. Dip each plantain in water mixture, and re-fry the plantains in pan for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
7. Remove plantains from pan, and place them on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Get this and more recipes in my bestselling e-book, “Cook Like a Haitian: 7 Easy Appetizer Recipes.”